A person who wants to operate as a registered migration agent must register with the OMARA. Migration Agent Registration Number is giver to authorized agent for practice.
The Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA) is an office of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). The main objectives are to ensure that only suitable people are registered, monitoring agents integrity of conduct and quality of immigration assistance and handle complaints.
Code of Conduct
The Code is intended to regulate the conduct of registered migration agents. A registered migration agent must always:
- Act in accordance with the law (including, for an agent operating as an agent in a country other than Australia, the law of that country) and the legitimate interests of his or her client;
- Deal with his or her client competently, diligently and fairly.
- Preserve the confidentiality of his or her clients.
- Must not disclose, or allow to be disclosed, confidential information about
- Keep the client fully informed in writing of the progress of each case or application that the agent undertakes for the client
- Providing Immigration assistance including giving advice, preparing documents and representing clients in proceedings
- Receive reasonable charges for services