- For points-tested skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory government agency.
- Nominated occupation under CSOL
- Positive skilled assessment
- Under 50 years old
- Reach point test
- At least competent English.
- Received State Nomination approval
- Pass the health and character requirement
- Stay in Australia indefinitely for 5 years
- Work and study in Australia
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years from the date the visa is granted